Saturday, May 26, 2012

Creeper Knitting Chart

I have been playing a lot of Minecraft lately, and love the pixelated graphics. Why? Well this makes them easy to adapt into knitting charts! I am pleased to share the first free knitting pattern to be hosted on KPOTD, a Creeper Knitting Chart.

10x10 sts

Most of the Minecraft graphics have many different shades in them. In the future characters knitting charts that I will share, I will do my best to minimize the number of colors so you can use as few colors at a time as possible. The creeper would look best (most authentic) if you use a variegated green yarn for the background.

When will you see the other characters? Well I will be publishing 7 other popular Minecraft character knitting charts this week! Who do you think you will see tomorrow?

This knitting chart was created by ChemKnits (www.chemknits.com and kpotd.blogspot.com) for your personal or charity use. You are not to distribute or sell this pattern without the permission of ChemKnits. © 2012 ChemKnits

10 comments:

  1. That's a very nice knitting project you've got there. It would be a shame if anything happened to it. tssssssssssssss

    ReplyDelete
  2. This mob trap should do the trick. Shhhh! Got any redstone and sticky pistons?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to use this design on a hat I was knitting and the hat kept coming out ROUND instead of square--what do I do???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy,

      I am not sure if this is a serious question. If you are wondering why the physical hat itself is round, then my response is ";)". Or to suggest that you try the "Turn A Square" Hat pattern (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/turn-a-square).

      In knitting, like in Minecraft, it is hard to create a circle. But changes in tension can pull a rectangular shape more rounded. If the chart is coming out rounded, could you be pulling too tightly at the edges of your intarsia.

      Good luck! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

      Delete
  4. Hi! I'm going to be making little boys hats for gifts, any hints as how to incorporate this design into my hats! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would make multiple creepers around the brim of the hat, each separated by 2 or so stitches.

      For example, use the Generic Skullcap knitting pattern. Cast on in black, knit the ribbing and then 2 rounds stockinette. I would then make stranded creepers as follows: K1 Black, FOLLOW 10 ST CREEPER CHART, K3 black, CREEPER CHART 10 sts, K2 Black, CREEPER CHART 10 sts, K3 black.... etc until you get to the last stitch. (I think the math should work out... you are basically alternating between 2 and 3 sts gaps between the crepers around the brim.)

      Good luck!

      Delete
  5. I was thinking making one large logo on the caps. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, thank you for sharing this chart. I am knitting for a child who loves Minecraft and I want it to be accurate. Thanks from N.B, Canada!

    ReplyDelete