Friday, April 15, 2011

Ravelry - A Community for Knitters and Crocheters

Ravelry is a knitter's dream. It allows you to organize all of your knitting activities: your stash, your projects, a queue of projects you want to make, an easy way to search for knitting patterns and much more. As a knitting designer, it is a great way to feature my patterns AND see images of the people who knit them!

In the widget to the right, you should see a slide show of my completed projects. On each project page I can input the yarn I used, the needle size I used, how much yarn the project required and any notes I have about the construction. This data is then compiled so someone could, for example, search for projects done in a particular brand of yarn. The possibilities are endless!

It is free to sign up for Ravelry, and I highly recommend that you give it a try. Suddenly organizing your knitting life became so much easier!

I am glad that I started writing ChemKnits before I discovered Ravelry, or I may not be where I am today as a blogger!

No comments:

Post a Comment