Monday, March 26, 2012

Knitting Graph Paper

I prefer knitting charts to written instructions. Why? I have a much easier time looking at a row and keeping track of where I am if I can see the stitches visually. I like being able to compare where I am now to where I was on the previous row. This is very useful when dealing with colorwork projects (I don't think anyone would complain about having a chart there) but people tend to be much more intimidated by lace knitting charts.

Today I am going to feature two articles, one that I may have mentioned in the past. The first are sources of knitting graph paper. This way you can work to convert writing instructions, of your own design or from another pattern, into a visual representation. The second article is about free knitting fonts that you can download so you can type in popular knitting symbols. Combine these two resources and you will be drawing your own knitting charts in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment